Protect Thy Ears


This is a photo of Tavin, who oddly enough wasn't sure if it was himself or his younger brother. Anyhow during Christmas break, early hours of the night, he awakes his mama crying about his ear. Yes, we know it's an ear infection. When we are at the doctor's office, I ask about the other ear, "It has some scar tissue, from when he's had tubes or other ear problems". I reply, "No, this one hasn't had tubes, and rarely has had ear troubles. Could it be a small stone in his ear?" I'm sure by this point the doctor is wondering how much sleep I've lost in the night, but I go on. "Two days ago, his brothers were playing (in the house- and throwing them at their siblings!!!) with those pops, or pop its- those things you can throw at a sidewalk and have them snap. One was thrown at his ear, and he was sure there was a rock from it that went in his ear. His father looked and couldn't find anything, and decided it was the loud noise that bothered him." Sure enough there was a rock in his ear, instead of scar tissue. The doctor worked with a small tube and squirt water in his ear, while having him lay on his side, the nurse trying to collect the drainage, which meant the carpet became wet. After a few tries, there it was, his rock. The doctor was thrilled, never has he had one ear infected & a foreign object in the other! (it's the little things that can make a day) We are hoping Tavin will stick to 'protecting thy ears'.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Hey Janice! I just found your blog. Welcome aboard. I think you'll love blogging.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    hey I am not sure which one ,tavin or tilmann but it is a cute picture  

  3. Anonymous said...

    oops p.s. I wasn't exactly reading I was just looking at the pictures and yeah its tavin