Eagle Invitational

Last Friday - Saturday I, along with the rest of the Filer Speech Team, went to Boise to a speech competition. From the lovely background of the above picture, I'm sure you can tell it was at a school. I just want to say that there were limited background choices and I was well aware when the picture was taken that the background would look really tacky.
The competition wasn't the funnest experience ever (speech competitions never are), but I am glad to have it over with. I gave an expository (informative) speech on apples (a little over six minutes long, and I had to do it four times! Yuck!), and I actually did better than I thought I was going to. I made it to finals, and eventually placed 5th. I'm not really sure how many expos there were, but I know there was more than thirty.
Another possible point of interest is after the final round we went to Krispy Kreme and watched their machines make donuts. A lady talked about how they were made, let us touch some dough, and then gave everyone a donut who wanted one. Since I took pictures, I thought I would mention it.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen said...

    Congratulations Tearsa!!! 5th place overall...that's pretty impressive!  

  2. kath said...

    wow--Tearsa---you look so much like your mom I had to stop and decide who this article was about! Congratulations on the speech and on the looks:)
    Kathy Stonehocker