Bomb Threat!!!

Yesterday, around 9:30, a person called Filer with bomb threats. We had to leave the school, go to the fairgrounds, and stay in an empty building for a few hours. Well, the high school did. The middle, elementary, and Hollister elementary evacuated to various other places. After a while we could leave if our parents came and got us, after a little more while we could drive home if we had our keys with us (they wouldn't let us in the school), and after a lot more while they bused the remaining kids home. I had my keys with me, so Drey and I were able to go home around noon. The road was blocked off so we couldn't get Taft, and he had to ride the bus. It was a bus driver who made the threatening calls. I don't know for sure (rumors at school today), but I guess the guy actually helped bus kids home after the bomb threat. Isn't that sick? It made the front page of today's newspaper. If you would like to read it, click here.

1 comments:

  1. Gwen said...

    That really is scary, but at least they had you go a distance away and then home. When I was probably a sophomore or junior going to school there we had a bomb threat and they made us all go sit out on the front lawn...I always wondered if that would have been a safe place to evacuate us to if a bomb really did go off......I'm glad we didn't have to find out.