Pine Dell

Yesterday, Drey, Taft, I, and the rest of the youth and leaders went up to the church cabins for our annual winter camping experience. There wasn't too much snow (only about two feet), but the weather was wonderful. Sure, it was cold, but the sun was shinning and the wind wasn't blowing!

We drove up in the morning with Carol and Carrie. There were a few people there already who had brought snowmobiles, so they hauled us (and all our stuff) to the cabins. After we had put our "stuff" away, we went to the lodge and began the card games. Probably not the best activity, considering all the outdoor activities that we had available to us, but was still fun. I finally played scum after seeing people playing it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I must say it is great fun!

We did go play in the snow after a while. There were about five snowmobiles, and they made a few trips taking people to and up hills, where we then slid down on sleds and such. Heidi and I climbed the tallest hill, and then spent the rest of the time on the top eating snow and talking. The hike up the hill took way too much energy, so neither one of us wanted to waste all our hard work by going back down the hill. Besides being an energy-drainer, the hike also made us hot and thirsty. So we took off our coats and sweaters, walked over to the trees, and ate snow. Every fifteen minutes or so, a snowmobile would drive by and drop sledders off. The drivers were a little curious as to what we were doing. Not that I blame them. Two t-shirt clad girls facing the trees and a pile of clothing nearby would get me wondering too.

That evening we ate dinner and had a short devotional by Heber and Bishop. And...well, not much else happened that evening. We did play a few more games, including go fish, and then around 11:30 we went to bed. I was freezing cold all night. Not that it really matters, but I just thought I'd add that little detail. (I need to bring more bedding next time, I guess, since most of the other people in the cabin were comfortable and some even too hot.)

Alright, now I think I'm just rambling, so I'll wrap it up. I woke up cold, but I've survived, we packed up, ate breakfast, cleaned up, and then went home. All things considered, it was a pretty good way to spend part of my Christmas break.